In the first part of the summer term we will be learning about growing our own vegetables we will:
• Welcome our next year cohort as they begin their regularly weekly visits.
• Learn about how seeds/plants grow and what they need to survive.
• Learn and recall a range of stories.
• Use information books/presentations to learn about plant growing.
• Plant a variety of seeds and observing the changes that occur as they grow.
• Plant our seeds in the school allotment and take care of them as they grow.
• Grow cress and make delicious sandwiches to eat.
• Problem solve and measure with beans.
• Sort a range of beans and study the varieties available.
• Design and make seed packets.
• Explore and develop our physical skills both inside and outside using a range of equipment.
• Find out about the water cycle and record the weather over one week.
• Design and make a watering device.
• Look closely at flowers and design and make our own to sell in the flower shop.
• Investigate halving, sharing and doubling.
• Use ICT programs to paint flowers and take digital photos of our seeds growing.
• Enjoy Forest School with Mrs. Essery and Mrs. Romero.
Plus so much more …