· Cowes Enterprise College – The College have asked us to inform you about meetings they are running next week for parents of children in years 5 and 6. These are specifically to explain their recent Ofsted inspection and to give you the opportunity to ask any questions or raise any concerns you might have. They are Monday 11th at Cowes Primary School at 5pm and Thursday 14th at Lanesend Primary at 5pm.
· East Dene – We will be holding a meeting for year 5 parents and children to discuss the final arrangements for the trip. This will be on Tuesday 12th March at 5.30pm in the mobile. If you cannot make it any paperwork will be sent home.
· Governor Sessions – If you are thinking about becoming a school governor then please attend our sessions on Tuesday 26th February. We will hold one at 9.15 and one at 6.30pm. You will get to meet members of the governing body and find out what the role will entail when we become an Academy.
· Internet Safety – The children are often taught and reminded about internet safety in school, through our normal curriculum and through visitors like PC Minka Armitage. However, we are increasingly being asked to intervene by children when they are unhappy with situations that occur through social network sites like Facebook. It is recommended that children under 12 do not have such accounts and we would strongly advise that you try and stick to this. It is very difficult for us to
police situations that could well lead to cyber-bullying. If your child does use social network sites please ensure that you can check what is being put on their accounts. There are some excellent web-sites for your information about internet safety including C.E.O.P.
· Basketball – Our year 5 and 6 basketball team played in the Cluster Competition on Monday at Gurnard Primary. I am so proud to say that they won, the girls’ team was chosen as the best team and Mollie Butler was picked as the player of the tournament. This means that they will be now
playing in the Island final. Not bad for a little school with less than perfect facilities!
· Cake Stall – The PTA will be having a cake stall for the whole school on Thursday 14th February after school. Please bring your cake donations to the school office.
· Sutton’s Seeds – You can now help raise money for the school by ordering seeds and gardening items. For every £5 you spend, £1 goes to school. Catalogues can be found in the school library.
Please return the order form with money to the school by 15th February so that the P.T.A can get the first order sent off. As there is a limited supply please return the catalogues after use. If you have
any questions, please speak to Teresa Marshall.
· Thank you – To Lisa Martin and her helpers for the cake stall last week. We raised £170 for the year 3 and 4 trip to London.
Lime Class : Katie Bache, Kiera Hillier, Daniel Lythgoe, Josie Button, Nicholas Matthews,
Ethan Egerton, and Rachelle Quelch
Aspen Class : Toby Lucas, Ellis Bell, Ellis Gant, Amelia Morton, Nadia Santos and Angelo Iorio
Beech Class : Adam Woodford, Kira Plant and Jimmy Mumford
Oak Class :Ben Tickner, Nicole Knight, Mia Iorio and Lucas Hudson
Elm Class : Sarah Tewkesbury, Louis Wykes, Ryan Harvey, Kieren Hawkewell, Josef Krista and
Brambles : Paige Edwards
Menu 11th – 15th February
Italian Beef Bolognaise with Pasta
Frittata with New Potatoes
Fresh Carrots and Garden Peas
Carrot and Sultana Salad
Wholemeal Chocolate Crunch with Fruit Slices
Roast Turkey with Crispy Roast Potatoes and Gravy
Fresh Swede and Fresh Cabbage
Fresh Vegetable Sticks
Fruit Flapjack with Custard
Sausage Meat Plait with Mashed Potato
Spicy Quorn Pitta Pocket with Baked Cajun Wedges
Sweetcorn and Fresh Broccoli
Golden Syrup and Apple Pudding with Custard
Roast Beef with Crispy Roast Potatoes and Gravy
Quorn Sausages with Mashed Potato and Gravy
Fresh Carrots and Green Beans
Tomato and Cucumber Salsa
Ice Cream Bar With Toppings
Battered Fish with Chipped Potatoes
Goan Vegetable Curry with Basmati Rice
Garden Peas and Baked Beans
Apple and Celery Salad
Carrot Cake with Citrus Frosting