- Thank you to those of you who attended our Community Open Day yesterday. We had lots of positive comments from visitors. I was really proud of the School Ambassadors and School Council Members who represented Northwood so well. We will hold another one in the Summer Term if you would like to join in the learning and couldn’t come to this one.
- We hope you like the class photos that have been taken, we think they are lovely and there is even a staff one up in the office. Please place your orders by Thursday 29th March.
- As the end of term fast approaches could you please ensure that Breakfast and After School Club, school dinner and music tuition monies are all paid up to date.
- Elliot Blaize has lost his guitar! Please could you check at home to make sure you don’t have two! His is in a black case. Thank you.
- If you were unable to attend the Parent’s Evenings this week then please phone Jane in the office or see your child’s class teacher to make an appointment at a time that is convenient for you.
- A Beginners Pilates class will be starting in school on Thursday 29th March from
7.15 – 8.30pm. The cost is £39. To book please ring Lynda on 07966968050.
- Some children are arriving at school as early as 8.15am. Please remember that there is no supervision for these early arrivals and that they should be in Breakfast Club.
- PARKING – We have had advice from Highways that if you are caught on the zig zag lines then you can be given an on the spot fine and lose 3 points off your licence. Please consider this when you are parking outside school. We will continue to publish number plates of people who are parking without thought for the safety of the children. A member of the school community has reported a car with number plate P2 KNH for parking right on the corner of Oxford St on the double yellow lines. If you are a disabled driver please remember that you can use the staff car park for dropping off and picking up.
- Well done to the girl’s netball team who made it to the Island Final this week. They played magnificently and finished in 4th place overall. They were a credit to the school and displayed real sportsmanship at all times.
- The Friends of Northwood are planning on having a nearly new stall at the Ladies Night. Please could you have a sort out over the Easter Holiday and donate any unwanted clothes that are in a good condition. Ladies items only please.
- COMMUNITY BUILD – It is next week! Please send your children in old play clothes for the first 4 days of the week as they may get messy. (Some groups will be using acrylic paint). We would like them in school uniform on Friday. If you have any free time at all to help please let Mrs Strand or the office know.
- We had a fabulous trip toLondonlast Friday .Both year groups thoroughly enjoyed their different experiences and were great ambassadors for the school.
- The PTA will be running an Easter Competition next week which involves you guessing the value of the prize. Look out in the library next week!
- Could we please ask for donations of cakes (from any class) for next Friday 30th March.
- If your child is in KS2 and interested in taking drum lessons, please speak to Mrs Green.
Golden Behaviour Children
Reuben Sowerby, Mia Iorio and Felicity-Mae Lane in Elm
Daniel Lythgoe, Leo Gardner, Jenson Downer, Lottie Newman, Missy Chisholm and Maddie Westley in Beech
Joseph Badham, Phoebe Peace and William Quelch in Cherry
Samuel Marshall, Charlie Kirkby and Caitlin Chessell in Maple
Rachelle Quelch, Lauren Brown, William Jubb, Caitlin Hillier, Willow Peace and Matty Baxter in Aspen
Emily Tilling, Charlie Blake and Genevieve Thompson in Willow
Albert Krista, Ishbel Eade and Ella Martin in Apple
Esme Tilling, Mollie Butler, Amelia Morton, Nakita Wareham, Tom Mahoney and Jenny Rowe in Lime
Toby Margham, Adam Way, Daniel Corrall, Kiera Hillier, Samuel Huckle and Olivia Pattimore in Oak