• Well done to the Y3/4 football team who played in the final of the Under 9 Southwell Memorial Cup against the Bay Primary yesterday afternoon. It was a hard fought match and our team played really well. The final result was 3-0 to the The Bay and I would like to congratulate the boys for their sportsmanship behaviour despite their obvious disappointment in being runners up. Thanks also to Steve and Sian Mumford for the time they have put in to training and organising the team.
• A big thanks to everyone who helped and shopped at the Jumble Sale on Friday. We raised £172.25 for the school and the British Heart Foundation was very happy to be given what was left over.
• We understand the Y5s are having a great time on their residential trip to East Dene. We are expecting a very tired but happy group of children and adults back in school this afternoon!
• Please can I remind you that payments for school dinners must be kept up to date on a weekly basis or in advance. We currently have £192 owing for meals this term despite reminders being sent out regularly. Should a child’s meals continue to be unpaid for we will have no alternative but to withdraw the school meals facility and insist that a packed lunch is provided from home for that child. Please ask for an application form from Mrs Green or Mrs Sice in the office if you think you may be entitled to free school meals.
• Sadly I have received an e-mail today from one of our neighbours regarding inconsiderate parking once again. I understand that this registration number has been reported to us before – W56RDL.
• Aneirin in Elm class has lost his PE kit and his grey Next coat. Please can you check that it hasn’t got mixed up with your child’s belongings.
• Nathalie Le Pen, Genevieve and Tristan’s mum, is starting a yoga class in school on Wednesday evenings from 7 – 8pm. Her first class will be on the 24th April and the classes will run for 5 weeks until the 22nd May. Please contact Nathalie on 07570799569 to sign up or visit her website at www.nathalielepen.com.
• Have a go at golf on Saturday 13th April from 10am in St James’ Square in Newport at the Masters Get Into Golf Show. Enjoy a free Golf experience and enter a free draw to win £100 of free coaching.
• Cowes Rotary Club are holding a Quiz Night at The New Holmwood Hotel on Friday 19th April at 7pm. For further details or to book your team please ring 200415 or 280940.
• We would be very grateful if you could send a box of tissues in to school with your child when we come back to school after the holidays – thank you
• Have a very Happy Easter – we’ll see you all back in school and raring to go on Monday 15th April.
Tyler Gardner, Stanley Backshall and Tommy Beeney in Cherry
Joseph Badham, Amelie Pattimore and James Staples in Willow
Abigail Jurd, Aaron Harlow and Lewis Hall in Apple
From last week –
Ben Tickner, Lucas Hudson and Mia Iorio in Oak
Rossen Martin, Leo Chaves, Charlotte Brooke, Kieren Hawkewell, Olivia Pattimore and Ryan Corrall in Elm
15th – 19th April 2013
Toad in the Hole with Mashed Potato and Gravy
Quorn Bolognaise with Pasta
Fresh Carrots and Garden Peas
Carrot and Sultana Salad
Chocolate and Apricot Brownie
Roast Chicken with Roast Potatoes and Gravy
Lentil Roast with Roast Potatoes
Seasonal Cabbage and Carrots
Fresh Vegetable Sticks
Fruit Flapjack with Custard
Homemade Italian Beef Lasagne
Frittata with New Potatoes
Sweetcorn and Fresh Broccoli
Harlequin Biscuit with Banana Milkshake
Roast Turkey with Roast Potatoes and Gravy
Mild Vegetable Curry with Rice
Fresh Carrots and Green Beans
Tomato and Cucumber Salsa
Fruit in Jelly
Battered Fish with Chipped Potatoes
Cheese and Onion Quiche
Garden Peas and Baked Beans
Apple and Celery Salad
Pineapple Upside Down Pudding with Custard